Preservation Resources, Inc.
and the Belvedere School for Hands On Preservation
521 Bird Street, Hannibal MO 63401
email: yapperman (at) msn (dot) com
phone: (217) 474-6052
Preservation Resources Inc. (PRI) is a multi-layered consulting firm advising and educating clients on a broad range of historic preservation issues. PRI provides consulting services and media in a wide range of subjects including:
- Historic research.
- Grant writing.
- Assist establishing preservation trades programs for educational institutions
- Writing local landmark nominations.
- Writing national register nominations.
- Training programs for historic preservation commissions & staff.
- Training programs for Main Street programs.
- Helping create public/private partnerships.
- Advising on zoning and land use issues.
- Public relations and media.
- Central city revitalization planning.
- Creating design guidelines for historic preservation ordinances
- Providing complete planning for the physical restoration / rehabilitation / preservation / renovation of historic properties. This includes research, cost estimating, design, specification writing, construction technique and project management.
- Hands-on historic preservation trades education
- Running and teaching at The Belvedere School for Hands-On Preservation. This Hannibal, Missouri based school conducts hands-on preservation workshops for students from coast to coast.
- Conduct seminars across the country on a variety of preservation topics from hands-on restoration skills, to neighborhood revitalization.
- Keynote speaking. Topics range from “Preservation Doesn’t Cost—It Pays” to “So You’ve Bought an Old House”.
- Historic Property Development
- Writing for periodicals.
- Writing books.
- Writing feature stories for newspapers.
- Writing web based social policy and hands-on how-to materials