The White Gardens house is located within John C. and Margaret K White Gardens Horticultural Park. In 1938, John C. and Margaret K. White bought 13 acres, which creates the park today. The house was constructed in 1939.
The White Gardens house is part of Fairfax County’s Resident Curator Program.
The Resident Curator Program is designed to preserve the County’s publicly- owned historic properties, by offering long-term leases to qualified tenants, with no cash rent collected, in exchange for the curator’s financial commitment to rehabilitate and maintain the historic resource in accordance with program standards.
Curators are selected through a transparent and competitive application process. For more information on the Resident Curator Program, and for a copy of the curatorship application for the White Gardens property, please visit: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/resident-curator-program.
Updated on October 13, 2021 at 11:57 am