Location: +/- 9.7 acres located in southern Russell County, Kansas at 3144 188th St, Russell, KS. This parcel is 6 miles from the nearest town, Susank Kansas, and 15 miles from Hoisington, KS.
Legal Address: 3144 188th St., Russell, KS 67665
This beautiful 1915 historic limestone home sits on +/- 9.7 well-maintained acres and includes over ¼ mile of Sellens Creek meandering through. Don’t let the time period of the house fool you, this is a roomy 3,200 sq. ft home with 5 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. Throughout the home, you will notice that the hardwood floors and original woodwork have been very well maintained. The large wrap-around porch offers a beautiful view of Kansas country scenery with picturesque morning sunrises and the abundance of roaming Kansas wildlife. Additional spaces in the home include a spacious kitchen, formal dining room, and two living areas with original pocket doors! The main level includes 1 bedroom and a bathroom. Four additional large bedrooms and one bathroom are located on the top floor. This house is equipped with central a/c and heat as well as a vintage Woodstock Soapstone Stove. The unfinished basement can be utilized as storage or a workshop area. A detached 2-car garage is located on the north side of the home, equipped with electric garage door openers.
Over ¼ mile of Sellens Creek runs through this property, providing a year-round water source, helping to attract and hold multiple species of Kansas wildlife as well as multiple species of fish. The creek bottom is lined with dense mature American Elm and Oak Trees which provide an abundance of cover and habitat for the White-tailed deer, Rio Grande turkeys, and Bob-white quail in the immediate area. This property also includes a 30’ x 50’ pole barn (with electricity) that can be used for livestock or to store your equipment/vehicles in. Rarely do you find a 10 acre property that offers as much as the Sellens Creek Homestead!
- 20 minutes to Russell, KS; home to Russell Municipal Airport, Russell Regional Hospital, Fossil Station Museum, multiple grocery stores, churches, and an array of dine-in or fast food restaurants
- 20 mile drive to Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Refuge – 41,000 acres of wetlands located in the Central Flyway. Critical stopping point for migratory birds.
- Wilson State Park – many campsites available, modern cabins available, and many miles of hiking/biking trails surrounding Wilson Lake
- 2 hours to Wichita; the Air Capital of the World and home to the Wichita State Shockers
- 3.5 hours to Kansas City; home of the NFL’s KC Chiefs and the MLB’s KC Royals
- 5 Bedroom/2 Bath 3,200 sq. ft. Historic Limestone Home
- Sellens Creek meanders through the operty
- Windows, electrical, & plumbing have all been updated
- New water softener installed in 2022
- 30’ x 50’ pole barn with electricity built in 2008
- 2 livestock waterers in place
- Excellent hardwood timber
- Rural water
- 2021 Approximate Real Estate Taxes: $2,578.34
- ¾ mile from county blacktop
- Hunting Opportunities: White-tailed deer, Turkey, Pheasant, Quail, Turtle Dove, & Predators
- 20 minutes from Russell, KS/25 minutes from Great Bend, KS
Please contact the listing agent for more information on this property or to schedule a private showing. (**Financial verification is required**)
Updated on July 20, 2022 at 5:28 pm