The historic W. H. Palmer House commands its site overlooking four pastoral acres with mountain views and two barns, adjacent to 150 acres of Scenic Hudson conservancy land, on a dead-end road just minutes to Catskill’s Main Street. Built circa 1880 in the French Second Empire style, the three-story brick structure has been thoroughly rehabilitated – new geothermal HVAC, upgraded electrical and plumbing systems, restored windows and hemlock floors, and thoughtfully designed custom millwork in the kitchen, home office and huge walk-in dressing room (connected to the primary bedroom) make this the ideal country manse, with all the comforts of 21st-century living. Spacious rooms, high ceilings, five bedrooms, 3 full baths (plus 1st-floor powder room), wrap-around sleeping porches on every level, surrounded by nature, offer tranquility and room to roam. Barns have great studio and/or pool house potential. 10 minutes to Hudson restaurants, galleries, and Amtrak station. 2 hours to NYC by car or train.
Updated on April 24, 2023 at 1:18 pm