Building 98 has been painstakingly restored over the past 2 decades, returning to its former glory. Built as the Fort D.A. Russell Officer’s Club, the property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004 and that same year received a Texas Historical Marker.
This expansive property covers over 2 acres of grounds with the historic 10,000+ square foot adobe compound containing 2 oil-on-plaster murals painted by German P.O.W.s between 1943-1945. Surrounding the gracious courtyard, there are 3 galleries, 4 residential suites, an administrative wing, the original Club’s bar room, a dining hall, and a commercial kitchen.
Updated on August 15, 2023 at 8:28 am