*Price negotiable. The price is based upon the 2019 assessment and can be worked out with a serious offer.*
Mid-Century home with many unique architectural features.
Quality home in historic district (near hospital, schools & downtown Rapid City)
This is a quintessential, 1950’s, quality, mid-western single family house that offers multigenerational living areas and income potential.
There are 12 rooms, a large multi purpose room, and a three car heated garage,one that is extra large for an RV. The 6000+ sq.’ house has 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, one main kitchen and 3 kitchenettes/wet bars, 3 living rooms,1 den, & 2 courtyards.
The moment I walked into the house, I felt this was home. There were so many features (the layout, the large rooms, the lighting, the storage) that appealed to me. I wanted a big house for my young adult sons and their friends and that was in a great neighborhood and close to downtown. We have decided to list this house as the owner in order to reduce both buyer and seller costs. This wonderful home has over 6,100 square feet (including a large multi-purpose room and 3 garages)…… although it does not look that large from the street. A landscaped garden covers the front yard and the home sits discreetly behind.
Most people who visit, comment on the home’s bright, cheerful and friendly ambiance. It was built in the 1950’s and there have been many upgrades in the 90’s and 2000’s, including a new roof in 2009. There are 12 flexible rooms in addition to the large, sunny multipurpose room.
Depending upon your needs, this spacious single family home has great potential for income producing, independent living areas, or multi-generational living arrangements. The neighborhood is zoned mid-density. The two rooms on the west side of the main floor are very suitable for a professional office and it has it’s own separate outdoor entrance. It is possible for this to be an Airbnb.
The house was built by a large family who wanted various rooms, and storage to accommodate their expanding family. (Some of the specifics cited in this narrative are taken from the previous home owners who lived here for 35 years and made many of the upgrades.) Thus the ample space can be used as a single family house, or potential future income property. Each “area” has it’s own living room, kitchenette and bathroom.
(See main floor plan at the end. The lower level/basement has similar space.)
* West Boulevard historic district.
* Three blocks to beautiful Wilson Park & the excellent Wilson Elementary School. Children may walk down quiet 9th St. to school.
* 1/2 block to Mount Rushmore Road and quick transportation to many places. Rapid Transit stops 1/2 block from home.
* Walk to Safeway, Walgreens, Starbucks, many restaurants, etc.
* Near many medical buildings and 5 minutes to Regional Hospital
* Five to eight minutes to public library, downtown shops, court house and colleges. (15 blocks north to downtown and 20 blocks south to enter into the beautiful Black Hills.) GREAT location!!
* Three private driveways including one large
enough for RV or boat.
* Outdoor electric outlets, track lighting.
* Exterior walls are hardboard siding.
* New installed guard rail to facilitate easy walking to porch. Large front porch with bench – with one step up from landscaped walkways. Handicap accessible.
* 50 gallon high efficiency electric water heater installed in January, 2019 for main level and two-bedroom lower level living area.
* Lennox high efficiency forced gas furnace for main level installed in February, 2002 by Tessier’s Inc.
* New central air conditioning unit installed 2001 by Tessiers, Inc.
* Sound system installed throughout main level and pool room by Circuitopia, Inc.
* Lennox high efficiency force air gas furnace installed in 2014 for multi-purpose room.
* Most plumbing lines and fixtures replaced between 1997 and 2002 on main level and lower level. Work done by Dwight Kuntz.
* There are 3 electric fuse boxes (1-den, 2-garage, 3-lower level). They were all replaced by Muth Electric since 1997.
* Dual laundry areas up and downstairs.
* New main floor refrigerator (2007) and clothes dryer (2009) and clothes washer (2013), 50 gallon water heater in downstairs (June, 2019)
FRONT ENTRY WAY, DINING AREA, AND CLOSETS
* Several custom built large china cabinets
* Inlaid laminate floors by Pickering throughout area.
* Antique light fixtures and beautiful chandeliers throughout area.
* Guest bathroom including garden tub, shower, vanity and sink.
* Eight foot entry coat closet with inserts by Home Organizer
* Pantry closet, broom closet with Home Organizer inserts and large linen closet
* Area has space for large dining table adjacent to large picture window
* Brick gas fireplace converted from regular fireplace.
* 40 Square foot bay window, currently used as computer area
* South end of large living room overlooks east courtyard.
* White carpeting, custom drapes
* Many large cabinets and storage space including built in china closets.
* Banquette (booth) seats up to 8 to 10 people. All leather booth by Kuntz Upholstery. The look is like a 1950’s soda fountain booth.
* Custom built curved dining table with windows overlooking enclosed east courtyard.
* Tile flooring.
* Window plant boxes with drains behind banquette.
All square feet measurements listed below are approximate.
MASTER BEDROOM – 570 square feet:
* 17 Foot mirrored closet with inserts by home organizer.
* Inlaid laminate flooring by Pickering.
* Natural gas fireplace with remote control starter installed new in 2000 by Rushmore Energy.
* French Doors to west courtyard.
* Custom made blinds, 2010.
* Heated marble tile floors with thermostat control.
* Custom built cabinets by Black Hills Woodwork design.
* 5’X4′ Walk-in shower with 2 shower heads (separate controls) and a built-in bench.
* Marble tile and custom made vanity table.
* Large tub by Aquatic.
* Heat lamps.
* Walls by Creative Marble Cast Manufacturing.
* Large 11′ 6″ closet with inserts by Home Organizer.
* Custom built window seat by Black Hills Woodwork Design with twin size air mattress.
* Window seat overlooking West courtyard.
* Antique lighting fixtures.
* Original hardwood flooring.
(This bedroom can be privately connected to the den to be used as a separate living area or an office.)
* Attached private 3/4 bath with thermostat controlled heated tile floor.
* Original hardwood flooring.
* Closet with some built in vintage drawers.
* Custom made blinds, 2010
DEN – 432 square feet:
(Could also serve as a separate living room/kitchen or a professional office.)
* Inlaid laminate floors by Wilson.
* Custom made hickory cabinets by Bill Heinz.
* Electric cove heating.
* Wall unit air conditioner.
* Wet bar (complete kitchen).
* Bay windows and a private separate entrance from front porch.
INDOOR MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM:
(Accessible from kitchen, both courtyards & garage)
* This room was built to hold a large swimming pool and was enjoyed by my family. We have since shut it down, but all of the mechanics (heating & filtration) appear ok. Some repairs are needed and a person may want to reduce the size, such an “endless pool” or hot tub. The room can be redesigned for an aquaponics or hydroponics garden. It could work as a gym or yoga studio, crafts room, or storage. etc. That will be determined by the new owner and their purpose.
* Dairy-barn walls and ceiling.
* Forced air heating, in-floor vents with thermostat and humidistat control, designed by Lennox representative from Lennox factory.
* Room also includes 3/4 bath including ceiling heat lamp.
* Wooden wrap-around sauna, private chamber seats 4 to 6 people. Heated rocks can be either dry or steam.
* Washer and dryer located in built in wall.
* Many glass and screened windows and access to both courtyards.
* Indoor/outdoor carpet.
* As mentioned, this is a heated, sunny, 800+ square foot space that could easily be converted into a game room, hobby area, gym, crafts, storage, work room, in-door kennel, or a wonderful in-door garden. There are many options.
* Separate tool room with exhaust fan.
* 4 Stalls for vehicles, 2 stalls regular cars or vans. 1 Small stall for compact car; currently used as large enclosed storage room with removable walls, 1 large stall that will accommodate a medium sized motor home or boat (30 foot depth).
* There is a pit for changing oil located in large stall.
* Wall furnace heats complete garage – thermostat.
* Overhead florescent lighting.
* 3 Automatic overhead doors.
COURTYARDS AND BACK ALLEY:
* East courtyard is fully enclosed patio (ideal for dogs) with a beautiful tree and setting for outdoor cooking. There is a gas fire pit for heating the patio area.
* West courtyard is especially enjoyed from the master bedroom.
* East side of garage has a large concrete parking area for trailers, boat, etc. and access to water.
* Chain link fenced area could be used as dog kennel.
LOWER LEVEL – FULL BASEMENT
* 2 Separate living areas – both completely remodeled in 1998.
* Large common entry-way (224 square feet) with: large closet, washer and dryer (in utility closet), private outside entry.
* Tile in kitchens.
* Full bathrooms with tub, shower, vanity, sink and exhaust fan.
LARGE 2 BEDROOM AREA – 1300 square feet (approximate):
* 2 Bedrooms, living room and kitchen.
* Fireplace converted to natural gas with remote control starter.
* Egress window.
* Tile in bath and kitchen.
* Walk in closet & large 10 foot closet.
* Fan and light in kitchen.
* New electric range and refrigerator.
* New carpet installed in living room in 2018.
SMALL 2 ROOM AREA – 480 square feet:
* Bedroom, living room/kitchenette, office or playroom.
* Tile in kitchen and bath.
* new 50 gallon water heater. in 2019
* New carpet installed in 2018.
* Egress windows in living room & bedroom.
(Photos of the small area are below.)
(Monthly average costs for family of 7)
$100 natural gas
$145 water, sewer, and garbage pick-up
$442,500 – Pennington County real estate assessment, 2019
$6,133 – taxes for 2018.
The price is based upon the 2019 assessment
and can be worked out with a serious offer.
Availability: Sold “as is”, very flexible closing schedule.
PLEASE CALL: 605-716-2151 or 605-415-9607 (cell),
Updated on October 7, 2019 at 10:27 am