Built in 1903 as the headquarters of the Cumberland Telephone & Telegraph Company, this building is a rare example of Flemish Revival architecture in southern Kentucky. In 1907 during the Black Patch Tobacco War, night-riders captured the building to prevent calls for help. The building has been carefully maintained and updated. Approx. 7000 sqft. The half-basement is accessible via the step-down front entrance with a half-bath, guest room, workshop area, and rear access to the alley. The first floor includes a separate room at the front, an immense open area, a half bath, utility, shower, and kitchen area. The second floor is divided with a front room a glassed work area, kitchen, and bath. Attic is a bedroom area. Can be used for commercial, retail, dining, or residential including short-term rental.
Updated on July 8, 2021 at 9:54 am