View aerial property views, plat and floor plans here!
Rent the apartment upstairs in the big house at Newstead
- Awaiting you in the rich fertile soils of Central Virginia is a GRAND Georgian Revival turn-of-the-twentieth-century 6000 square foot mansion sitting atop a knoll overlooking more than 58 acres of lush pastureland and century-old trees. Historically known as Newstead on the James, the essence of grandeur overflows as you enter the 12 by a 36-foot foyer that is flanked by four generous formal rooms, including a banquet-sized, light-filled dining room with window seats overlooking the sweeping eastern view of meadowlands. Notable features include Buckingham slate roof (One of the unique features of Buckingham® Slate is its resistance to acids, genuine unfading qualities, low absorption rate, and lifetime expectancy of 150-200 years), 14” solid brick walls, copper roofing on both balconies, widow’s walk and triple window bay and copper gutters and downspouts and fourteen-foot ceilings, intricate millwork, and mantles that surround the twelve working fireplaces, handsome Oak wood flooring, and large pocket doors between the formal interior rooms allowing intimate settings for entertaining on both small and large scales. Upon ascending the beautifully-adorned stairway to the second level, you will find tall ceilings, and a bright and sunny sitting area with doors to the front balcony that provides commanding views of the estate grounds. Mother-in-law suite or apartment with separate entrance and full kitchen for guests upstairs. English basement with shop. The fenced pastures and horse ready barn open up the endless possibilities of this 5 bedroom, 3.5 bathrooms, impressive piece of history nestled between Richmond and Charlottesville. Thirty-nine miles to Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello. Intimate and private, surrounded by rolling pastures, yet in three hours you can be on the mall ready to visit the Smithsonian in Washington DC. 44 open acres with house, barn and shed; 14 wooded acres and civil war era caretakers cottage. (58+ acres, house, cottage, barn and shed $1,199,557.) Fiber optic high speed internet cable recently installed; service coming soon. Katahdin sheep produce income and maintain land use property tax offset. Historic Villiage of Cartersville nearby. Cartersville Historic District is a national historic district located at Cartersville, Cumberland County, Virginia.
For more information please call or text us at 804-375-3666 or Email: [email protected]
* Built in circa 1920
* Completely renovated in 1985
* 5 Bedrooms, 3.5 baths
* 6,000± square feet with porches, gardens
* Dream kitchen, walnut cabinets, brick floor; brick cooking/grilling fireplace in Keep
* Hardwood floors throughout (apart from bathrooms & downstairs kitchen)
* 12 working fireplaces
* Beautiful chandeliers and period lighting throughout
* Grand dining room can seat up to 24 with additional tables
* Formal Parlor with a pair of 8’ double pocket doors
* 11 foot ceilings throughout
* Formal Library
* English basement with shop.
* Cedar lined walk in closet
* Mother-in-law apartment with full kitchen and separate entrance
* Widow’s Walk with amazing views
* Barn with 8 double cribbed oak stalls, tack room, carriage breezeway & fence room
* Civil war era caretaker’s cottage (needs renovation).
* 44 open acres, 14 wooded acres
* Fiber optic high speed internet cable recently installed; service coming soon.
* Historic Cartersville Village nearby. Cartersville Historic District is a national historic district located at Cartersville, Cumberland County, Virginia.
Updated on May 17, 2021 at 7:49 am