Historic Farmhouse with modern amenities & historic charm, just 50 mins from Nashville. Built by a Revolutionary War Vet & acquaintance of Daniel Boone. The original log cabin has been meticulously restored & expanded to a 5BR, 4BA modern farmhouse with in-law apartment & contemporary kitchen. Old world charm but with new plumbing, electrical, hvac, & windows. Massive fireplaces, spa-like bathrooms, & amazing workshop create your private luxury retreat.
John Higgins of Virginia, a Revolutionary War Veteran, migrated to Tennessee about 1810 – 1815. An acquaintance of Daniel Boone, He and his family settled on Hurricane Creek in then Wilson County, Tennessee. The home was originally a log cabin but grew as the family thrived and prospered. Three generations of Higgins lived in this historic home. In 1883 the property passed out of the immediate Higgins family but became the property of a Higgins grandson, James Higgins Odom. One of 25 children, His father was Benjamin Franklin Odom and mother Mary Higgins, daughter of William Higgins and grand daughter of John Higgins. For more than 30 years, Danny M. Nichols owned the property. In 2001, a modern addition was added to the original structure. The home enjoyed a full renovation in 2014 but kept the original façade, which includes four large rooms and a wide foyer on two levels.
- Farm includes 70 acres of woods, pasture & Hurricane Creek runs through property
- Renovated major systems include new electrical, windows, plumbing, & flooring
- Modern white kitchen features custom oak cabinets, 2 separate sinks/prep areas, large island, plus a separate cooking island with commercial vent hood
- Renovated bathrooms feature seamless glass doors with modern fixtures & laundry
- Modern Workshop with cabinets, work bench, double doors, & additional lighting
- Walking the grounds you will see multiple building sites, & gorgeous views
- Separate In-Law Quarters with large bathroom & private entrance and patio
- Original wood beams dating to 1800’s add a rustic ambience to the modern flair
- Original stone fireplaces frame the original structure creating an idyllic architectural vision
- Kitchen hearth room with massive stone fireplace and cozy sitting area
- Double front porches allow unique views of the Tennessee Hills
- Mostly main-level living eliminates steps to the most visited areas of the home for aging family/friends
- New Central Heat/Air with modern EZ-split systems keep utilities under $130 per month
Updated on October 12, 2021 at 3:29 pm