This historic 1923 Mediterranean Revival home has been meticulously restored with many original features as well as an abundance of upscale modern conveniences. After devastating blows from the hurricane season of 2004-2005, the current owners purchased and completely renovated this beauty in 2013 including restoring many original features, new infrastructure and landscaping. The location, on a large lot (.82 acre), is on Sebring’s highly desirable Lake Jackson. It has a private sandy beach and sunsets that photographers would covet.
The original features of the home that were possible to preserve and restore include
- Heart pine floors throughout its main living and bedrooms
- Staircase and bannister
- French doors – new custom hardware added to the original doors
- Living room wood mantle and fireplace. A custom wood period style panel was added to flow to the crown molding (fireplace converted to natural gas)
- Fireplace in upstairs bedroom (fireplace converted to natural gas)
- Columns with moldings in the living room
- Detached garage – was renovated and added more length
Some of the modern conveniences that you (and your insurance company) will appreciate include:
- New roof 2017 – barrel style metal roof with hand-crafted cypress corbels. 2017 new rolled roofing to the parapets. The original roof sections with clay tile were replaced with upgraded underlayment and metal tiles designed to replace clay tiles.
- New electric throughout – underground electric service to the house, plus two 200 amp panel boxes
- New plumbing through out
- Three A/C units with all new duct work
- Closed cell spray insulation in walls and attic space ( Seller’s electric about 260-$300 per month)
- Energy efficient Jeldwen insulated double-paned casement windows, designed to mimic the originals (could not be saved).
- Tankless hot water heater, natural gas
- Monitored security system
- Laundry has large front load machines with natural gas dryer
- Gourmet Kitchen – any chef would love
- 48″ KitchenAid gas stove top with 6 burners and a grill
- 2 French Door KitchenAid refrigerators
- 2 Granite topped islands 1) First island, by the cooktop has black granite, a hand-pounded copper sink with fruit details, and dishwasher 2) Second island has smaller hand-pounded copper prep sink and expansive prep area plus seating for 4.
- Oven bank includes: microwave/convection oven, a standard convection oven and a steamer drawer (could also be used for slow-cooking)
- Concealed walk-in pantry – you may think it is a bank of cabinets but these “doors” actually open to a 5’7″ x 4’9″ walk-in pantry
- Custom made wood cabinets – 2 have glass doors
- Coffee nook
- Coffered ceilings with can light
- Travertine stone floors
- Gathering area – a great place for the family to gather at the north side of the kitchen – breakfast table (or games), large comfy seating area face built in cabinets around TV, original French doors open to outside porch
- Butlers Pantry updated with KitchenAid wine cooler and ice maker, built in china cabinets with granite counters, desk area to jot a quick market list
- Semi finished walk-out basement has access from inside and also from lower level screened porch. It is prepped for a theater room, studio apartment and half bath with separate outside entrance.
- “L” shaped porch grand steps on north and west sides are rebuilt.
The interior features beautiful crown molding throughout. The windows throughout have custom draperies. The front windows have Hunter Douglas Silhouette blinds and the rear windows have Hunter Douglas solar blinds to provide optimum view of the lake. The window treatments, cornices and blinds are beautifully matched to each room’s interior design.
Living room, dining room, butlers pantry, hallway and bedrooms have original heart pine floors. The kitchen, baths and laundry have travertine stone.
- Living Room is an expansive room that features heart pine floors, original front door and French doors to the porch, original fireplace (converted to gas), original mantle with a custom period-inspired piece added above to flow into the crown molding. The windows have custom treatments with cornices made to flow to the crown molding.
- Dining Room is a spacious room great for entertaining. It has a large casement opening to the living room, connects to the butlers pantry and has double French doors to the L shaped open porch overlooking the grounds. There is a period inspired chandelier. The current residents have a massive custom china hutch, large dining table, side pices and there is still plenty of movement room left.
- Butlers panter is between the dining room and the kitchen. It flows through the the kitchen. The butlers pantry features already listed above.
Bedrooms and Baths
- Master bedroom and bath feature a sitting area with wrap around windows and a view of Lake Jackson, double closet is the width of the room. Master bath is a spa style retreat. Shwoer is 14′ wide travertine and glass with double shower heads plus a rain head. Fre-standing, deep, soaking tub with views of the lake; double custom vanity with Onyx counter top; water closet; windows have custom solar shades and second layer privacy shades.
- Bedroom 2 could be considered a junior master. It has an ensuite bath with tub/shower combo, custom cabinets and single vanity.it has travertine walls and floor. This room has a lovely sitting area overlooking the lake, with windows on two sides. This room would make a great second office or reading, artist space.
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 are the lavender room and the nook room. These are on the front of the house. They share a fantastic jack and jill bathroom that has a large travertine shower and double vanities. The lavender room has an original fireplace (converted to natural gas) and it opens to the office. the nook room features a built in wall nook with custom pillow and TV (teenagers and readers love this room).
- Office – Can I work from home?! Office should be in all CAPS, it is so spacious and relaxing. This room is at the end of second floor adjacent to the master bedroom and the lavender room. It has windows on three sides for lots of natural light. There is a fantastic view of the lake on one end. The current owners have a desk, two comfy chairs with TV, and a 4 top table in the room. Multiple work spaces or could it be a private sitting room for multi-generational residents? Did I mention this area has high speed Comcast internet service. This house has access points designed for good wireless coverage.
Outside and Grounds
This home was designed with space to entertain! It has an L shaped wrap around porch has wide step entries on the north and west sides leading to four sets of original French doors to the home. There is also a custom walled courtyard and a large 28′ x 32′ patio. The patio is a tranquil, sunny spot in the beautifully manicured grounds leading to the sandy white beachfront on Lake Jackson. The current owners cleared the waterfront for this lovely beach area. The sunsets are so amazing from this location.
The original detached garage that was rebuilt adding more length. It has double carriage lights and new Decra metal barrel tile accents.
**The property appraiser has not reassessed the home value since it was renovated in 2013. The current assessed value was based on the abandoned hurricane damaged home since the last purchass. The current owners have done hundreds of thousands of dollars of improvements.
Updated on July 23, 2020 at 9:16 am