This c. 1926, two-room schoolhouse was completed in the craftsman style. Details include lap siding, exposed rafters, purlins and brackets, wood double hung windows
gabled porch with enclosed balustrade and decorative truss. The main entry is paneled with transom and sidelights. The building is two-stories and 4,720 square feet.
The schoolhouse was first deeded to the Clackamas School District Number 29 in 1885 by Isaac and Constance Farr. Known locally as the “White Building, the building ceased to be used as a school in the 1970s, and it was used for administrative offices from roughly the 1970s until the early 2000. The White Building was left vacant and boarded up in 2005. The front entry was gated off and the rear staircase was removed circa 2018.
At the time of construction of the subject building there were approximately 140 school buildings in Clackamas County. The almost half were one room buildings. Roughly one-quarter were two room schoolhouses. The remaining one-third had three or more classroom.
- Asking price $1
- Buyer pay to relocate the building
- If relocated within Clackamas County, the buyer agrees to apply within 90 days of relocation to the County for designation as a Historic Landmark, to be protected under the provisions of Section 707. This only applies if the building is relocated within Clackamas County.
- If relocated within Clackamas County and receive Historic Landmark status, the building will have access to conditional uses that may otherwise not be permitted. (see Section 707.04.B.2 of the Clackamas County Zoning and Development Ordinance).
Canby School District Contact
Clackamas County Planning and Zoning Division Contact
Anthony Riederer 503-742-4528 [email protected]
Updated on November 1, 2021 at 10:53 am