Canemount was constructed in 1855 by John and Frances Louise Murdoch. The 40 acre property is surrounded by 3,500 acres of Canemount Wildlife Management Area where some of the finest hunting in the Mississippi Delta can be had. Canemount’s extraordinary Italianate architecture was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, and adapted into a Bed & Breakfast and Events Venue in 2018. Today, Canemount has 7 buildings with 17 guest rooms (sleeps 34 people), event center, and pool house.
Updated on October 1, 2021 at 9:11 am