This 1860 house has been lovingly brought into the 21st century, by its fifth generation owner. Built by Martin Bruce in 1860, it is part of the original shipbuilding business established in 1859 on the Blackwater River. Martin Bruce and his partner were commissioned by the Confederate Navy to build a 90 foot gunboat, using state of the art floating dry docks. The house is mortise and tenon construction, with recycled ship mast sub-structure, Old Growth (from 1149 AD saplings) heart pine siding and interior walls, eleven foot ceilings, tall windows with a 180 degree view of the Blackwater Bay, making the house light and airy.
The house has recent updates with two new 3 ton Lennox HVAC, wiring is updated to meets and exceed code, 50 year shingles, updated plumbing, with a recent addition of a master bathroom, Laundry room updates and kitchen updates. The total square footage under roof is 2900 square feet with a 450 square foot bay front porch.
Updated on November 7, 2022 at 1:38 pm