This beautiful Greek Revival farmhouse has 3060 square feet of living space and is located on (14.78) 15 acres of verdant farmland in historic Hoosick, NY. The property includes three barns, two of which have been converted into art studio/woodworking spaces. It is bordered by forest and also contains a pond and stream.
The house has been meticulously renovated, and ample care has been taken by the current owners to preserve the historical charm of the home. The first story begins with a spacious living room converted from a barn previously attached to the rest of the home, and includes 16′ high ceilings with rough-hewn wooden beams, a built in library and a large skylight. The rest of the first floor includes a newly renovated kitchen, a bathroom , a large dining room, traditional double parlor and one bedroom. The second story of the house opens onto a large open area that can be used flexibly as an additional living space, with an additional three bedrooms and full bath. A columned side porch and beautiful stone terrace at the back of the house provide additional charm and space for outdoor living and entertaining.
The location was previously a successful Bed & Breakfast and hobby farm, and is zoned for commercial use. It is minutes away from charming downtown Hoosick Falls and historic Bennington, VT.
– All open fields with ancient maple trees, mature fruit trees, many black walnut trees and multiple perennial flower beds. The grounds have been pesticide and chemical free for the past thirty-five years. Spring fed pond.
– 686 feet of road frontage on NY Route 7 and zoned for business
– Majority of original details: moldings, trim work, wide pine floor boards and hand crafted doors, some still in original faux grain paint.
– All post and beam construction circa 1780 in oldest part of the house and circa 1840 in the ell.
– 10 rooms- 4 bedrooms, double parlor, large living room with cathedral ceilings and built in library, dining room, 2nd floor flexible living space, 2 full bathrooms, large country kitchen with custom cherry cabinetry, built in pantry.
– All systems have been updated
– Electrical -200 Amp service
– Heating and Hot Water- Budaris hot water oil fired furnace with 4 zone base board heat and domestic hot water tank
– Newer architectural shingled roof
– Deep well, state of the art filtration system, septic system
– Garage-Studio- 26′ x 27′, insulated, hot air furnace, skylights and south facing wall of windows, brand new construction 2018, 4′ frost wall foundation
– Barn-Wood Shop- 16′ x 27′ original post and beam barn, slate roof, totally rehabbed 2018 , 4′ frost wall foundation, new electrical, lighting and hot air furnace
– Ice House – 16′ x 18′ original post and beam barn, insulated and finished sheet rock, brand new wiring and lighting, Alaskan slab foundation
– Original Outhouse- All original detail and construction from 1840, very rare for something like this to survive
– Large Barn- century old 32′ x 50′ Post and beam construction
Updated on July 28, 2021 at 11:33 am