The historic Beach-Fogartie House, built in 1890, has been exceptionally renovated to give modern comforts to a classic home while maintaining the original charm. This home is listed in the S.C. department of archives and history national register of historic places. The meticulous renovation of this unique home was recognized via an award of the local historical and preservation society.
The 4 bedrooms and 4 baths in this home are appointed with modern amenities in the finest of finishes while maintaining the historic look and feel. The kitchen features an AGA English cooker beloved by renowned chefs (i.e. Martha Stewart) and white enamel Viking Professional refrigerator and dishwasher. The dining room walls are covered in vintage hand-painted Gracie wall paper, which can be seen adorning fine homes such as the White House. The master suite on the main level provides the highest levels of luxury, boasting Calcutta marble heated floors, a freestanding air bath, and custom floor to ceiling cabinetry for optimal storage and beautiful display of clothing and footwear. A cedar lined closet provides safe storage for woolens and furs.
Walking distance from the charming and historic downtown Walterboro, this house allows for space and history with modern conveniences not found at this price point in Charleston proper.
Please see the pictures of the nearby park, main street, museum, wildlife center, court house and other historic homes just a short walk from this house. There is a farmers market at the Colleton Museum & Farmers Market on Saturday and Wednesday, just two blocks from this house.
Only a scenic 45min drive to Charleston, Summerville and 1hr from Savannah, you can be in the middle of the beautiful lowcountry setting filled with history and natural beauty.
This home underwent extensive renovations by the current owners. Some of the upgrades include a whole-house standby Generac 24kW generator (in 2021), solar panels, new electrical, plumbing, HVAC, metal roof, wood windows, and spray foam insulation. Please see attached documents showing more complete renovation list. Two detached garages, one 3-car and one 1-car. The 1-car garage has been converted to a fully equipped airconditioned home gym.
Detailed description and completed upgrades/renovations:
Enlisted in the National Register of Historic Places, in SC Department of Archives and History, listed as Beach-Fogartie House
Received the 2012 Walterborough Key Historic Property Award for stewardship in recognition of the extensive house renovation. Awarded by the Colleton County Historic and Preservation Society
Landscape Architect: Robert E. Marvin. Designed and installed in 1963.
Renovations/upgrades completed on 102 Webb St. Walterboro SC after purchase in 2007:
- New metal roof from Eagle Metals Manufacturing, Inc. with 40year warranty, install date 5/5/2009 on house and 3-car garage.
- Additional electric garage door and two garage door openers
- Painted complete exterior with Sherwin Williams “Duration” premium exterior paint, Charleston historical colors.
- Restored front façade of house.
- Restored wood shutters with reproduction period hardware from Charleston Hardware.
Detached 1-car garage converted Gym:
- Closed cell sprayfoam
- Tongue and groove cedar ceiling with recessed LED eye-ball lighting
- Installed electric wiring
- High efficiency mini-split AC system
- Custom made Clingerman Door outswing doors with drivable solid threshold
- Exterior period lighting
- Downstairs: High efficiency Trane A/C and gas furnace, with electronic air cleaner
- Upstairs: High efficiency Carrier A/C
- Programmable Nest thermostats
- PEX water lines throughout house with central “Manabloc” distribution system
- Rheem condensing gas tankless water heater for unlimited hot water supply
- 10kW 31-panel Enphase IQ7 solar system
- Generac 24kW whole house stand-by generator
- Replaced electric system, new wiring including breaker panel and whole house surge protector
- Full-property coverage Ring wired security system cameras and motion-sensing flood lights
- Renovated down to studs, new wood windows
- Spray foam insulation, drywall, custom trim and 3-tier custom crown molding manufactured by Fracasso woodworking,
- New wiring
- Refinished wood floors
- Covered brick fire place, travertine slab fireplace surround, custom wood mantel and brass custom made fireplace screen
- premium Hunter brass ceiling fans
- Refinished wood floor
- Premium English cast iron enameled AGA gas stove
- Handmade Renaissance Tile and Bath luxury antique subway tile and stove backsplash
- Wine refrigerator
- Viking professional refrigerator and dishwasher
- Carerra marble countertops, new light fixtures, new wiring, water filter on cold water line
- New cabinet hardware, Kohler faucet, Urban Archeology light fixtures.
- New walls, Tucker wood windows and door
- Spray foam insulation
- New wiring
- Wallpaper, trim, commercial carpet, Premium Hunter ceiling fans
- Hand painted scenic mural wall paper by Gracie (valued at $20,000). Wall paper installed by installed by Alan Coopersmith Wallpaper LLC (historic Charleston foundation award winning installer), https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jesse-coopersmith/24/b86/3a4
- Antique (ca. 1850) chandelier from Charleston mansion on Meeting street
- New wiring, spray foam, drywall,
- Carerra marble tile and mosaic marble accents in shower, glass shower enclosure
- Bead board in laundry room, new venting for dryer, new fixtures, ceiling vent/light
- Phyllrich luxury faucet, Hansgrohe rainshower with handshower shower system, Toto toilet, Console sink by Porcher
- custom 3-tier molding manufactured by Fracasso woodworking
- Cole&Son premium English Wall paper installed by Alan Coopersmith Wallpaper LLC.
- New wiring, venting
- Authentic beadboard
- Floor heating (nu-heat), Handmade Renaissance Tile and Bath luxury tile, Toto toilet and pedestal sink, cast iron claw foot tub
- New light fixtures, Phyllrich luxury faucet, exposed shower system and curtain ring.
- new wiring, insulation, drywall, refinished wood floor
Formal living rooms:
- Two antique real gold gilded globe light fixtures ($3k)
- Robert Allen gilded designer curtain rods
- Fully restored fireplace mantel from mansion ca 1800 with ornate hand carved details. Marble surround.
- Custom made to order Cole&Son English handpainted wallpaper (valued $5k) installed by Alan Coopersmith Wallpaper LLC.
- New wiring, Premium Hunter Brass ceiling fan
- Cedar closet
- Build-in executive safe
- Robert Allen gilded designer curtain rods
- Removed old bathroom and small bedroom and made master suite with walking closet
- Custom floor to ceiling cabinets manufactured by Fracasso woodworking, custom stained art glass over closet door, in cabinet lighting
- New wiring, mold resistant drywall, venting
- Floor heating (nu-heat), Calcutta marble floor and shower with laser cut premium inserts and marble molding
- Premium Sigma brass exposed shower, Premium Sigma fixtures, Hydrosystems Michelangelo freestanding air bath, Toto toilet with Mahogany seat.
- Custom 3-tier crown molding manufactured by Fracasso woodworking
- Removed paneling and apartment kitchen that was not to code
- Spray foam insulation in all rooms and ceilings
- New wiring, recessed lighting, new AC venting
- Refinished floors, paint, premium designer Stark wool carpet in guest room
- Beadboard in upstairs bathroom, restored original mirror
- Cole&Son handprinted English custom made full room wall-paper installed by Alan Coopersmith Wallpaper LLC
- Hudson Valley brass light fixture
- Barry Lee Jofa made to order drapery rods
- Gatehouse brass door and window hardware
Updated on May 22, 2022 at 11:50 am