Facebook-Round-small   Instagram-round-small   Pinterest-round-small   Twitter-round-small   google plus   you tube
Access the world's greatest historic house marketplace

The Thompson House

111 NW Deer Creek Drive, Leland, , 38756 Property Website Dated Posted: September 5, 2017

$450,000

rosemarystovall87

Circa 1902

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Google+0Share on Facebook175Pin on Pinterest4

About This Old House

The Thompson House, named for its original owner, J.W. Thompson was built in 1902, as a large Queen Anne style dwelling. “Cotton became King” in the Mississippi Delta as the years passed, and the land owners prospered. Many of the local planters built or renovated their first homes, and the Thompsons were among them. In 1920, they renovated their original home as it stands today in the same location, a Colonial Revival mansion, built by the T. J. Harvey & Company, of Greenville, Mississippi. The basic interior of the house remained, porches removed, and wings added, rooflines altered, changing the exterior drastically.

The Thompson House has had four owners since the original Thompson family and in 2013 it was purchased by six couples in Leland who lovingly renovated it and opened it as a Bed & Breakfast and Event Center. Since it’s opening, The Thompson House has welcomed guests from all over the world and hosted many weddings, reunions, meetings, and other celebrations. It is listed on the National Register

Renovations to The Thompson House included a completely remodeled and updated kitchen and innkeeper suite. New A/C & Heat systems were purchased featuring zoned climate control throughout the house and on demand hot water heaters. Hardwood floors were refinished or restored, all exterior windows were scraped, painted and reglazed (all 119 of them!), all walls were painted, and bathrooms updated where needed. A security system features stay and away settings and two outdoor cameras with monitoring system.

Currently, the 5,600-square foot house features 4 large guest bedrooms upstairs, all with private full bathrooms, and one large innkeeper suite downstairs with a full bath, which could become a mother-in-law suite if the home is used as a private residence. Each room includes antique furnishings and accessories, the majority of which stay with the house. All guest rooms gas fireplace, include flat screen TVs and coffee makers. There is also a large flat screen TV in the library. Wi-fi is available.

Downstairs, in addition to the innkeeper suite, there is a laundry room, sitting area adjacent to the kitchen, Butler’s pantry, dining room, library, parlor, living room, and two large sunrooms. The three large brass and glass antique chandeliers and other antique lighting fixtures stay with the house. The gas fireplaces in the library, living room and parlor have all been restored and are ready to use.

The expansive back yard is fenced in and includes a storage building. Parking is off the street adjacent to the side of the house near the kitchen entrance.

The home is being sold with most of the furnishings.

Old House Search

All drop-downs are optional.

Show me only properties currently for sale.






Facebook-Round-small   Instagram-round-small   Pinterest-round-small   Twitter-round-small   google plus   you tube