- 3 baths
- 5 beds
- 1,770 sq ft
- 1 to 3 acres
About This Old House
290 ft. of granite shore frontage. 2.8 acres. Protected deepwater mooring on beautiful Toothacher Cove. Southerly exposure. Moor your boat right out front. A spectacular property!
This wonderful island home has been tastefully updated over the years, including the addition of a stunning first-floor master suite in 2006. It is situated high above the granite shoreline, offering breathtaking views out to sea from every room. The 5 bedroom/2-1/2 bath home features pine floors, first floor master suite with loft/office, wrap-around deck, solar-gain sun porch, and an abundance of windows addressing the incredible views. An apartment above the detached two-car garage provides an additional bedroom and bath for guests. There are only 2 other homes on Rowe Road, and it is town-maintained for easy access in the winter. A new furnace and Jotul woodstove assure comfort even in the coldest weather. The Maine State Ferry System provides dependable daily year-round auto-ferry service to the island.
From this ideal location you can take advantage of all that this beautiful island has to offer:
• Walk down the private lane to swim, beachcomb, or build sandcastles at Carrying Place Beach
• Kayak or boat around the point, past the lighthouse, and into Burnt Coat Harbor to get a close-up look at the schooners that often moor there
• Kayak or walk along the shore for a picnic at Fine Sand Beach
• Walk to the Post Office, to the Island Market, or to the Take-Out for lunch
• Invite your friends for a traditional “Downeast” clambake on your own pebble beach
• Enjoy miles of hiking trails along the shore and through the woodlands
• Venture farther from your mooring for a day trip to explore the many interesting out islands that surround Swan’s Island
When you board the ferry to Swan’s Island, you journey to a kinder and gentler place and time!