Circa 1905-1910300 N. Main Street
Gordonsville, Virginia, 22942
Style | Neoclassical
Property type | Single-Family Home
Date listed | February 11, 2017
Status | For Sale
- 2,750 sq ft
- 3 beds
- 3 baths
Visit our Open House-Saturday, Feb 18th 12-3pm!
Swan House: circa 1905-1910
Gordonsville’s most impressive home makes a stately first impression with its expansive front yard. The Swan House dates from 1905-1910 and was built by M.Y. Swan as his family residence.
The historic Swan House has been painstakingly preserved and renovated to restore the elegance of a bygone era with it’s wonderful craftsmanship and period details while providing all the modern conveniences that a luxury home should have.
Period details include:
• Full length front and rear porches.
• Two-story Tuscan columns.
• Original porch balusters.
• Second floor front porch supported by unique curvilinear brackets.
• New vertical grained hem-fir tongue and groove decking on front porch.
• Original bead board porch ceilings throughout.
• Full length rear porch with orginal porch swing.
• Original second floor porch covered rear porch.
• Four pediment dormers with windows.
• Hardwood floors throughout the house have been restored, repaired and finished to preserve the original patina. Trim and millwork have been installed where missing and match the period.
• Historically correct lighting and chandeliers with dimmers provide a befitting ambiance. The 11 ft. ceilings and tall windows enhance the spacious rooms with volume and natural daylight.
• The original kitchen has been transformed into a chef’s delight. Beautiful granite counters are present through-out. Cabinetry has been enhanced with crown molding and glass doors. A new kitchen island with wood top features a breakfast bar, slide-out storage, trash bins and electrical outlets on the sides. New stainless steel farm, sink and faucet as well as additional pendant lighting has been installed. Under cabinet lighting has also been installed to illuminate all cooking needs.
• New “Energy Star” Rated 2-Zone Heating and Air Conditioning system has been installed.
• Crawl space walls are foam insulated with a vinyl membrane vapor barrier floor.
First Floor details include:
• Living Room: Grand room with 11 ft. ceilings, bay windows, original mantel, enhanced crown molding, with frieze, picture molding, ceiling medallion, and “Empire-style” chandelier with carved Alabaster globe.
• Dining Room: Spacious room with 11 ft. ceilings, original mantel, enhanced enhanced crown molding, with frieze, ceiling medallion, and crystal chandelier. Dining room features large bay window, picture molding, and paneled wainscoting.
• Library/Den/Bedroom: This flexible large room features original mantel with fauxwood finish, crown molding, picture molding, paneled wainscoting, a new natural gas stove fireplace. A door provides the privacy needed for bedroom use.
• Kitchen: Large kitchen with 11 ft. ceilings, ceramic tile floor features upgraded cabinets, some with glass doors, under cabinet lighting, a new wood topped center island with breakfast bar. Recessed lighting throughout, and new pendant chandelier with medallion. New stainless steel farm sink and faucet. All stainless steel appliances and gas cooktop. Microwave range hood, double electric wall ovens, side by side refrigerator with in-door ice and chilled water.
• Full Bath: Spacious full bath has a pedestal sink, toilet and a bath tub with shower.
• Entry Hall: Features a grand staircase leading to a wide open hallway with 11ft. ceiling height, crown moldings, new chandeliers with ceiling medallions and period millwork. A central feature includes a wide niche to showcase artwork with a recessed spotlight.
Second Floor details:
• Hall: Large Hall with access to covered balconies on the front and rear of the house. Built-in bookcase and area for a reading nook.
• Master Bedroom: Large room with 9 ft. ceiling height, bay window, enhanced crown moldings, original period mantle ceiling medallion. Dressing Room is equipped with a closet system, laundry with stacked washer & dryer (included), double sink vanity with granite top. New ceramic tile and marble jetted tub/shower, and toilet.
• Front Bedroom: Spacious room with 9 ft. ceiling height, bay window and 2 large clothes closets, enhanced crown molding and ceiling medallion.
• Rear Bedroom: Spacious room with 2 large clothes closets, 9 ft. ceiling height, enhanced crown molding and ceiling medallion.
• Hall Bath: Full bath with new granite topped vanity, sink and medicine cabinet and storage cabinet. Tiled shower with glass door and large oversized shower head.
• Third Floor Walk-Up Attic: Huge space under the roof top with lots of potential for finishing, plumbing stubs, electrical sub-panel, 800 sq.ft.
Outdoor features include:
• New brick lined and stone paved front walk, 100 ft.
• New front stairs and brick paved landing.
• Restructured front porch with new tongue and groove wood decking.
• New stone 2 car parking area with in rear yard.
• New oversized architecturally appropriate garden urns flank the front stairs and enhance the character of this stately home.
• New storm windows installed on all windows throughout.
• Freshly painted exterior.
• Back porch with original porch swing.
• Private landscaped back yard with garden shed.
Cindy Joskowiak, Principal Broker
Property Website : PremierVirginiaProperties.com