- 2 baths
- 2 beds
- 5300 sq ft
- .5 acres or less
About This Old House
Rare find! Very large general store with all original floors, walls, ceiling, counters, etc. intact and never painted. Built in 1913 with local materials (pine interior, cypress siding) by an area lumber merchant, this store is of much finer quality than most old stores.
Features include dental work, floor to ceiling wall shelves with two track ladders, original rippled glass, elegant grand rear staircase, hand-drawn rope elevator, high ceilings throughout.
Building has been divided into 2 apartments plus storefront, easily restored to original state if you wish. Excellent location on Rt. 17 north/south corridor, visible on Rt. 17 South for 1/4 mile, one hour from Richmond.
A large, two-story, yellow-frame building of over 5,000 square feet, the store can be spotted just off Route 17 at Church View. It has quite a history. Built in 1913 by the Northam family and used as a country store that provided every sort of provision imaginable for many years to many native families under management of the Richardson family, the store is celebrating its first centennial this year.